Solved Wordpress on F.A.M.P

Following the php part of this guide at page (to install required packages for wordpress) from https://www.tecmint.com/install-wordpress-in-freebsd-with-apache/

#changed this to php80# pkg install php71 php71-mysqli mod_php71 php71-mbstring php71-gd php71-json php71-mcrypt php71-zlib php71-curl

I don't find some of these packages in the ports tree, either because they are outdated or not upto-date. Is there some other guide that I may follow, or is there another installation sequence that will work for wordpress on famp stack?

user /usr/ports/graphics/php80-gd]$ whereis php80-json
php80-json:
[user /usr/ports/graphics/php80-gd]$ whereis php*-json
php*-json:
[user /usr/ports/graphics/php80-gd]$ whereis php-json
php-json:
[user /usr/ports/graphics/php80-gd]$ whereis json
json: /usr/ports/www/node/work/node-v18.5.0/deps/v8/src/json
[user /usr/ports/graphics/php80-gd]$ cd /usr/ports/www/node/work/node-v18.5.0/deps/v8/src/js
bash: cd: /usr/ports/www/node/work/node-v18.5.0/deps/v8/src/js: No such file or directory
[user /usr/ports/graphics/php80-gd]$ cd /usr/ports/www/node/work/node-v18.5.0/deps/v8/src/json/
[user /usr/ports/www/node/work/node-v18.5.0/deps/v8/src/json]$ doas make install clean
Password:
make: don't know how to make install. Stop
make: stopped in /usr/ports/www/node/work/node-v18.5.0/deps/v8/src/json

[user /usr/ports/www/node/work/node-v18.5.0/deps/v8/src/json]$ whereis php80-mcrypt
php80-mcrypt:
[user /usr/ports/www/node/work/node-v18.5.0/deps/v8/src/json]$ whereis php80-jlib
php80-jlib:

Thank you. But the issue is that I can find the php80 versions of json, mcrypt and a few other packages. Are they substituted in this version of php?

php-json is now included in the core php8x install, so you don't need to install it separately.
php-mcrypt was removed in php8x so no longer exists.

also note that wordpress 6.0.1 is in the ports tree so can just be installed
Code:
pkg install www/wordpress
and it would pull in the required dependencies automatically, or install from ports if thats your preference

also note that wordpress 6.0.1 is in the ports tree so can just be installed
Code:
pkg install www/wordpress
and it would pull in the required dependencies automatically, or install from ports if thats your preference
whereis wordpress

gives me this answer
wordpress: /usr/ports/russian/wordpress

Russian is nowhere in my language settings, wonder why it is not under www

Thanks. That search command showed www

ls -d /usr/ports/*/wordpress
/usr/ports/french/wordpress /usr/ports/japanese/wordpress /usr/ports/www/wordpress
/usr/ports/german/wordpress /usr/ports/russian/wordpress

I have installed wordpress from the ports www tree and configured it following this older (bsd12) instructions (only the configuration part) with the difficulty that the wordpress directory wasn't in the path that the blog post expected it to be:

The instructions were:
sudo rsync -rtv /tmp/wordpress/ /usr/local/www/apache24/data/wordpress #as in the instructions

Wordpress was under /usr/local/www NOT under apache24/data I navigated to /usr/local/www and set up word press, there was one error with sudo rsync -rtv /tmp/wordpress/ /usr/local/www/wordpress which I carried out after setting up all other configurations. These are the errors with rsync:

sudo rsync -rtv /tmp/wordpress/ /usr/local/www/wordpress
sending incremental file list
rsync: [sender] change_dir "/tmp/wordpress" failed: No such file or directory (2)
sent 19 bytes received 12 bytes 62.00 bytes/sec
total size is 0 speedup is 0.00
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1347) [sender=3.2.4]

(That was dumb. I then ran sudo rsync -rtv /usr/local/www/wordpress /usr/local/www/apache24/data/wordpress it worked)

Apache24 is running Also when I check mysql status there is an error, but mysql-server status shows running:

doas service mysql status
mysql does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup
directories (/usr/local/etc/rc.d), or is not executable

doas service mysql-server status
mysql is running as pid xxxx.

My IP or the FQDN hostname before wordpress installation displayed the contents of an index.html page, info.php worked, now neither page shows contents as before, php.info shows an error, and IP address without suffixes now it displays something new:

Index of /g​

This probably has something to do with wordpress being on a wrong path, or apache24 not being aware of the wordpress path. I am not familiar with path commands, what do I do now please?

Update: Something went wrong during installation, and the wp files were under /wordpress/wordpress rather than under /wordpress/ I fixed that and wordpress works ! Thank you Alain De Vos elgrande anlashok zirias@

Back