With two otherwise fully functioning Samba jails, why is only one broadcasting on the network at a time?

I have two jails on a certain server, both with samba 4.16.11 and avahi enabled (as far as packages and services, both jails are identical). The jail config is below (slightly modified to remove non-samba jails and redact sensitive information). One functions as a Mac time machine server, and the other is an ordinary fileshare.

If I start one but not the other, it works just fine. Whichever one is enabled will broadcast on the network and be visible to my devices, and I can connect to it just as I would expect. But if I have both of them running at once, only the first one that was started is visible. I can still directly connect to the second one, so for example I might see just the timemachine jail broadcasting and not the regular samba one, but I can just manually connect via IP in the file browser and it will connect. I've tested this behavior with a Macbook, an iPhone, and an iPad with similar results.

All I can guess is that there's some kind of conflict going on with with the samba broadcast, where only one wants to be visible at a time, but I don't see anything in the logs that seems relevant. How can I make both visible at once without combining the jails?

Code:
mount.devfs;
exec.clean;
exec.start="sh /etc/rc";
exec.stop="sh /etc/rc.shutdown";

timemachine {
enforce_statfs = 1;
allow.raw_sockets;
allow.mount;
allow.mount.fdescfs;
mount.fstab="/etc/fstab.timemachine";
host.hostname="timemachine";
ip4.addr="igb0|172.18.100.126/32";
ip4.addr+="lo0|127.0.1.3/32";
path="/jails/timemachine";
}

samba {
enforce_statfs = 1;
allow.raw_sockets;
allow.socket_af;
allow.mount;
allow.mount.fdescfs;
mount.fstab="/etc/fstab.samba";
host.hostname="shared";
ip4.addr="igb0|172.18.100.127/32";
ip4.addr+="lo0|127.0.1.4/32";
path="/jails/samba";
}

The fact those servers popup on your Mac is due to Avahi/Zeroconf.

Back