Solved wired/wireless failover

I'm replacing my old home server with a brand new one, it has a wired and wireless interfaces (all recognized and work). Following the paragraph in the Handbook Failover Mode Between Ethernet and Wireless Interfaces I come to this configuration (in /etc/rc.conf):

Code:
# re0.MAC = wlan0.MAC
ifconfig_re0="ether 40:9c:a7:xx:xx:xx"
# Wireless interface (wlan0)
wlans_rtw880="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA ssid XXXXXXXXXXXX"
create_args_wlan0="country IT regdomain etsi2"
# Failover inteface (lagg0)
cloned_interfaces="lagg0"
ifconfig_lagg0="up laggproto failover laggport re0 laggport wlan0 192.168.1.5 netmask 255.255.255.0"

This configuration works and I can live with it. However sometimes the wireless interface loose connection for some reason, after 1, 2 or 3 hours (most probably cos I change some configuration or restart services or change something in router/wifi-repeater), connecting the RJ45 cable the system is unreachable, that is the failover doesn't switch from wireless to wired while system is up. I'm always connected remotely to the server (headless), I have to connect monitor and keyboard to restore it, it's not a big deal, actually the server is on the desk next to my workstation.

Again, this is not a matter, I can live with wired network, but for my personal knowledge. Is there a way to configure the two interfaces to switch from wireless to wired and viceversa without restarting any services (switching come automatically)?

Many thanks for your responses.

Thank you graham, in this two days it's working as expected, I should made a mistake during configuration of bluetooh (trying to configure it). Network failover works very well. Sorry for the noise. I still not configured bluetooth and probably I will never do it, the machine is a headless server, I can't imagine how can I use bluetooth on it.

Many thanks

Back