bhyve Windows 10

Installed but seems to acting as if it is neutered.

1) Cannot properly locate ports 993,995,587 and 465 using Thunderbird.

2) CAnnot find prtinter in network?

What do I need to fix?

Honestly, it's difficult to work out what you're actually trying to do, and you provide near zero details on your configuration, so all we can do is make generic stabs in the dark.

I'm assuming Thunderbird is installed in the Windows guest and you're trying to access something external on those ports (seeing as they are standard mail server ports).

It networking actually working in the guest at all - can you get to the Internet?
Do you have a firewall on the FreeBSD host? (For reasons that escape me, it's incredibly common to see posts on here from people who decided to set up a bunch of complex firewall rules they likely don't even understand *before* actually getting things working, so we don't know if it's actually a real issue, or just a mis-configured firewall. Then to top it off they don't think to just disable the firewall temporarily to rule it out)

Assuming network is working, bhyve does not limit anything. You should effectively have full layer 2 connectivity between the bhyve guest and everything else on the network it is connected to, no different to a real machine.

To actually help troubleshoot, the bhyve and networking config on the host would be useful for a start, as well as evidence of basic tests (can you ping the gateway/Internet, do dns lookups, etc)

Installed but seems to acting as if it is neutered.

1) Cannot properly locate ports 993,995,587 and 465 using Thunderbird.

2) CAnnot find prtinter in network?

What do I need to fix?
There are a few things you can try to fix the issues you are experiencing:

1. Check that the ports you are trying to use (993, 995, 587, and 465) are not being blocked by a firewall. You may need to configure your firewall to allow access to these ports.
  2. Make sure that the printer is turned on and connected to the same network as your computer. You may need to check the printer's documentation for instructions on how to connect it to your network.
  3. Check that the printer is properly configured on your computer. You may need to install the printer driver and add the printer to your list of available printers.
  4. Try resetting your network settings. To do this, go to the "Network & Internet" settings in the Windows Control Panel and click on the "Network Reset" button. This will reset all of your network adapters and configurations, which may help resolve any issues you are experiencing.
  5. If none of these suggestions help, you may want to consider reinstalling Windows. This will erase all of your personal files and installed programs, so be sure to back up any important data before proceeding. To reinstall Windows, you will need to boot from the installation media (such as a USB drive or DVD) and follow the on-screen instructions.
I hope these suggestions help!

Back