Window Manager Enlightenment

CCC:

You may want to add some more information. The Older Enlightenment Desktop (Version 16) and Version 17 (E17) are both available. I tried E17 in an 8.2/i386 using FreeBSD Binary packages a couple of months ago and experienced some crashes when I tried to use some of the desktop configuration tools. I am not sure if the problems have been ironed out.

It was a nice looking desktop with alot of eye candy and some innovative approaches.
For myself I did not deem it reliable enough for my daily machine

shepper said:
CCC:

You may want to add some more information.

My main problem is I'm still looking for a slim window manager for my thin client, running from a usb stick directly.
Know someone how much MB space needs Enlightenment?
BTW if Enlightenment is not stable enough I cannot use it.

ccc said:
My main problem is I'm still looking for a slim window manager for my thin client, running from a usb stick directly.
If you're looking for something small but still good-looking and with a decent set of features, I suggest you try Blackbox.

Fonz

• Thanks
Reactions: ccc
Thx I'll try.

Window Manager should be slim, stable and a quite user comfortable.

BTW for a normal non-IT user should be easy to change monitor resolution, keyboard layout, browser should have plugins like flash etc.

ccc said:
should be easy to change monitor resolution, keyboard layout, should have browser plugins like flash etc.
All those things have nothing to do with Window Managers...

Fonz

I think I read somewhere that they have compiz support. Not sure how that works as they are both windows managers.

In ohter words: the Enlightenment found in the ports collection is indeed E17. Themes can be found on the Web. Some even come with the (truetype) font file and/or background picture (wallpaper in Windows speak) included, although not all of them do.

Fonz

Back