Wiki choice??

Thinking about installing a wiki for a project, this will be just a first time & short term wiki, looking for a good lite setup. Looking at dokuwiki, is there a better choice???

Exactly the two I would have suggested are already on this thread. ;)

We've been running Dokuwiki in production (using the Shibboleth plugin for authentication) for years, and I am happy with it.

(I am a wee bit irked that the latest release - 2009-12-25c as of this writing - requires PHP 5.1.2 or newer, but nothing is perfect. We'll just keep running the old version on our internal host.)

-------

If you need something more fully featured, www/mediawiki is generally well regarded, and it has a huge development community behind it.

Not if you're running RHEL, which (depending on where it is in the support lifecycle) backports security fixes instead of bumping to later PHP versions. :) If I were running Dokuwiki on FreeBSD I would have no problem. But last I checked the shib port was broken.

I'm with Dokuwiki as well, I like the wiki syntax it uses, and it's also fairly easy to modify/extend. I also like how it just uses text files for storing data instead of using a (MySQL) database. pmwiki also uses text databases btw.

Back