Solved wifi dongle rtl8821cu, can't install rtwn

Hello,
I am trying to install FreeBSD, and using my phone tether and dhclient, I can install FreeBSD and KDE, but I don't have wifi. I have heard here to use the rtwn driver, but I can't seem to install it. I've tried pkg install rtwn but it won't work. Any help on getting the rtl8821cu to work or installing rtwn?

kldstat shows:
kirin@bsdbeastie:/usr/home/kirin $ kldstat | grep 'if_'
2 1 0xffffffff82112000 1d6d0 if_rtwn_usb.ko
6 1 0xffffffff827e5000 11cc8 if_rtwn_pci.ko
32 1 0xffffffff83340000 3380 if_urndis.ko

also, do i show the last lines of dmesg or the ENTIRE log?

But i have tried a rtl8821cu dongle and the tp-link archer t3u (rtl8822bu?)
Both chip-sets are unsupported on FreeBSD. There is a software solution to pass-through the devices to a virtualized Linux, net/wifibox, but it doesn't have a small footprint and the CPU that is supported by bhyve PCI pass-through (I/O MMU).

Another option would be to get a supported device.

Both chip-sets are unsupported on FreeBSD. There is a software solution to pass-through the devices to a virtualized Linux, net/wifibox, but it doesn't have a small footprint and the CPU that is supported by bhyve PCI pass-through (I/O MMU).

Another option would be to get a supported device.
damn, i had the bad luck of buying the 2 unsupported ones. Thanks for your reply, i'll mark as solved.

For reference; an Australian company Simplecom also uses the Realtek RTL8822BU in a USB adapter they call NW632. They seem to think drivers for the RTL8812BU should be compatible. However this is untested, info from Simplecom support as opening the case appears implausible without destroying said.

Back