Solved why upgrade for 14-RELEASE to 15-CURRENT?

I hear you guys, what are the most important changes in 15-CURRENT in front of 14-RELEASE?
no production env, just my desktops , I'allways use RELEASE production

It runs pretty well, but you need to know how to operate it, e.g. to rebuild kernel modules from ports/packages. You also want to read /usr/src/UPDATING and as mentioned the -current mailing list.

My attitude is that (almost) all the changes in -current will be coming down on me anyway, so I can as well get an early warning.

Having said that, I am not aware of any groundbreaking changes in -current that are not in 14-stable already.

It runs pretty well, but you need to know how to operate it, e.g. to rebuild kernel modules from ports/packages. You also want to read /usr/src/UPDATING and as mentioned the -current mailing list.

My attitude is that (almost) all the changes in -current will be coming down on me anyway, so I can as well get an early warning.

Having said that, I am not aware of any groundbreaking changes in -current that are not in 14-stable already.

that is the answer that I looking for , "groundbreaking changes" , I'allways look for optimize my bsd box, build minimum kernel,world,small VM
already everyting works fast and stable, but allways can make more with FreeBSD
so, there is no reason to me for change to 15-CURRENT

If you feel more adventurous, switch to 14-STABLE. Give that a go. It'll get you some experience building world, and gets you all the bug fixes and new features without any of the potential pitfalls -CURRENT might have.

maybe give it a look to CURRENT,there is no risk for me, allways make a backup and only are my desktop machine, but like cracauer@ says , there is no significant changes

I'm using a VirtualBox VM with 15-CURRENT, just to see if I can compile my way to a KDE6 desktop with Wayland... If something breaks in there, that's OK, I just take notes for future reference. I started over a week ago, and the compilation is still going on. :p

Or you use a VM or you build world.

yes, I'am playing with
/etc/src.conf and buildworld , I dint notice a big diference , strange..is more the little speedup
when I run a custom kernel that when make buildworld

not want to make offtopic..better to do another post

Back