Solved why system lags

I upgrade some packages yesterday, and I feel the system lags today. System boot to login prompt before, but it boots to Xfce login today. And I feel the system becomes slow and lag. Why? How to switch to CWM?

It shouldn't be like this. What driver your Xorg is using, I mean do you use some hardware accelerated driver for nvidia or amd?

that command can't be executed, I had to use Ctrl-c to terminate it. This time system boots to the login prompt as before, not Xfce login. That's odd.

Look at grep(1)*
Just grep /var/log/Xorg.0.log or attach this file here.
that command can't be executed, I had to use Ctrl-c to terminate it.
That wasn't a literal grep command, this is: grep nvidia /var/log/Xorg.0.log
Adapt the search string accordingly for other corporations of graphics drivers.
Alternatively, as suggested, you can leave the file contents attached to a message.

___
* your typed in command wasn't complete and it was actually waiting for more input

Then you're probably using different driver, use grep "LoadModule" /var/log/Xorg.0.log, it will allow us to see which modules are loaded.

Ok, I would start with verification if Xorg is using module it should use - intel driver. According to intel ark your graphics card is intel hd 4000 so you should use i915kms.
Verify if you're using optimal driver (Intel) and if not follow steps described here (Intel Integrated Graphics (aka HD Graphics) section).

The system is back to normal, but some keys like Alt+Tab, Alt+Enter, etc don't work within CWM now.

This happened again today after I used OpenBSD.I have FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD installed on three external disks. Does OpenBSD change something?

I know the reason because I don't use UEFI boot,choose UEFI boot everything back to normal :)

I can't imagine overall system lag as a result of booting without UEFI.

pkg prime-origins | sort

– please share the output (you can format as code). Thanks.

Let's take a look at your <https://bsd-hardware.info/?probe=3ff577e111&log=pkglist> …

FreeBSD sysutils/upower 0.99.17_1

04:44 this morning, with an uptime of more than seven hours, for an extended period I had /usr/local/libexec/upowerd from the same version of the package using 100% CPU:

2022-05-29 04-44-54 upowerd 100 percent CPU.png

After taking that screenshot: when I aimed to restart the system, the option was missing from SDDM (there was Log Out alone). I aimed to take shots of this symptom, however the symptom disappeared – I began with a shot of Application Launcher (KDE Plasma), then a shot of SDDM:

2022-05-29 04-48-49 Restart and other options present in KDE Plasma Application Launcher.png 2022-05-29 04-51-23 Restart and other options previously missing, now present in SDDM.png

(Ignore the Activate FreeBSD overlay, it was for fun.)

After restarting the OS: SDDM and upowerd are problem-free.

For what it's worth: I don't suspect a bug in upowerd. In my case: the one-off excessive use of CPU by powerd might have been an after-effect, of something that consistently uses too much when I log in to the desktop environment. I had forgotten to kill that thing.

unicorn the thing that bugs me is not amongst your packages, however that thing does have a runtime dependency on lang/python38, which is on your system.

This is not to point the finger at Python, however it might be useful to tell which of your installed ports depend upon Python.

(I'm not seeking support for whatever's bugging me. There's discussion in IRC/Matrix.)

pkg prime-origins | sort :

Code:
chinese/CJKUnifonts
chinese/fcitx
chinese/fcitx-libpinyin
chinese/ibus-libpinyin
devel/git
editors/emacs
editors/libreoffice
games/linux-steam-utils
graphics/drm-kmod
lang/python3