Why is the port plasma5-user-manager removed?

I want to change the settings of my accounts in the kde control center, but I can see no users there, and no changes would be applied. It seems to need plasma5-user-manager to work, which is already removed from the ports tree. What should I do?

Why is the port plasma5-user-manager removed?

Reason: Reintegrated into other plasma5 components.

What exactly are your trying to change on your account?

You have to note that some things are missing like the monitor settings, because they are not ported or other reasons.

Reason: Reintegrated into other plasma5 components.

What exactly are your trying to change on your account?

You have to note that some things are missing like the monitor settings, because they are not ported or other reasons.
fbsd-kde-user-settings.png

For example, I'd like to change my avatar, my full name or something else using the plasma control center. I am not so good at using CLI...

I actually try to avoid using those utilities under KDE Plasma - they often require that security/kf5-kdesu works properly. I have that installed, it compiles OK, but most of the time, kdesu fails. That prompts me to go to command line to do my editing of /etc/passwd if I find the need to do that. I do see a benefit in that - it prevents my CLI skills from going rusty. To top it off, I don't find it worth my time to go looking for a solution to THAT problem - I found a workaround, I can live with it, it doesn't bother me.

I actually try to avoid using those utilities under KDE Plasma - they often require that security/kf5-kdesu works properly. I have that installed, it compiles OK, but most of the time, kdesu fails. That prompts me to go to command line to do my editing of /etc/passwd if I find the need to do that. I do see a benefit in that - it prevents my CLI skills from going rusty. To top it off, I don't find it worth my time to go looking for a solution to THAT problem - I found a workaround, I can live with it, it doesn't bother me.
What you say makes sense. Anyway, can we change the avatar using CLI?

Not impossible, if you know where to look for the image files used by KDE to display your avatar. It still takes being comfortable with UNIX command line, knowing how to move around using cd, ls, cp, mv, and the like. Oh, updatedb and locate help with the process. Read the manpages at https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi.

Nahh.. Let's not be like that.

What you say makes sense. Anyway, can we change the avatar using CLI?

AFAIK, the avatar gets handled by sddm. This section of the arch wiki should help.

Back