Why has security/pinentry-gtk been removed?

In relation to this, does anyone else think there is a bug with the security/pinentry port now since it was updated? It's wanting to bring in a whole massive load of dependencies related to X-Windows. Despite me only having ncurses support enabled in the configuration. I'm thinking it's not parsing the options correctly and trying to drag in GTK etc.?

xtaz, you appear to be correct. I've observed two issues:
  1. Regardless of any existing (stored) previous configuration, make config shows all front-ends as enabled by default every time I run it.
  2. I can confirm that even with only the NCURSES option enabled, portmaster security/pinentry still tries to pull in some Qt4 dependencies. Not a whole lot of them, but I already have GTK+ 2 and X.Org installed so I can't see whether security/pinentry tries to pull those in too.
Something is definitely wrong with this port at the moment. I suggest you contact the maintainer and/or ask on the freebsd-ports mailing list and/or submit a PR.

When using a mail program, I got problems with this command line pinentry that was solved with pinentry-gtk that openened a window. Unfortunately it is not anymore there.

Back