Why DVD doesn't have all packages

It may sound silly for some,:\ but i really don't know why the dvd doesn't have the whole packages.
i have a poor internet connection after i downloaded the full dvd i didn't find some packages and i have to use the ftp server again which is real pain if you have non-stable internet connection.
is there any dvd that contains the whole packages so i can download it once and use it for installing packages ??
thanks...

Some ports cannot be packaged because of licensing issues.

whitediode, I know this forum has all kinds of colours and fonts, but please post in regular font/size/colour, to prevent this forum from looking like MySpace ..

According to Ken Smith
It will be available for install from packages through the net (FTP based install, or one of the other package tools that can be told to download the packages). I'm afraid I can't fit it on the ISO release media. Even with the DVD media we currently have a limit caused by the tool many of our mirror sites use for mirroring - files larger than 2Gb cause issues (that's why the DVD image is gzip-ed). We're slowly working to resolve that.

In short, FreeBSD team is working and there is no ETA.

Back