Solved Where is root label stored?

When I install FreeBSD the disk section has an area where I must give the root partition a / label.
Where is this / label stored? So is this root label special or a glabel?
gpart seems to show nothing and neither does file -s How can I view the root disk label if that what / is?

I am looking at another computers disk offline and I am trying to determine which partition is / and not just by the files.

There are various labels supported, use sysctl kern.geom.label to see nodes for which kings of labels will be created in /dev (like in /dev/gpt, /dev/ufs, etc.). But be aware, that once a partition is opened/mounted using one of its labels all others will be hidden.

Also you might try glabel status -s and gpart show -lp.

That really didn't show me the root / label. The one with the backslash.
Code:
root@E6420:~ # gpart show da0
=>      1  7774207  da0  MBR  (3.7G)
        1   466128    1  freebsd  [active]  (228M)
   466129    65536    3  freebsd  (32M)
   531665  7242543       - free -  (3.5G)

root@E6420:~ # gpart show -lp da0
=>      1  7774207    da0  MBR  (3.7G)
        1   466128  da0s1  (null)  [active]  (228M)
   466129    65536  da0s3  (null)  (32M)
   531665  7242543         - free -  (3.5G)

This is my NanoBSD build and da0s1a is the booting partition. It is not mounted but in a USB SD Card Reader.
Was just nosing around looking for that / label.
I cannot create the s2 slice like I want. The NanoBSD script updatep2 in the root partition is not working for me either.
I beleive because this is because there is no space between S1 and S3.

Sorry. This thread was faulty. The field in FreeBSD installer is named "Mount Point" under "Add Partition".
This is obviously the point at which bsdinstall writes the root entry to the chrooted /etc/fstab
I had confused this to be a 'root label' because the installer complains if no root is set.
I was trying to interrogate some bad NanoBSD images and I was flailing around with 2 hours sleep.

The information here was great so thanks everyone.
Just learning that gpart show -p flag is phenomenal.
I was wondering why nobody was answering my question!!!! A faulty premise.

Back