where did you go forum?

We had a bit of a mishap with Varnish, it's logs filled up the partition. I have setup newsyslog now to prevent that from happening again.

The error brought back some fine memories...

A guru meditation error :e

SirDice said:
The error brought back some fine memories...

A guru meditation error :e

Yeah, the board is running on an Amiga 500, with a 68030/8 meg ram expansion card and a 50 meg hard drive :e

Sorry, I just couldn't resist SirDice...

I still have a 500 with A590, a 1200 and a 4000 :e

The 4000 unfortunately has a EC030 (which lacks the MMU) so I can't run netbsd on it :(

However my first internet experience at home was with that trusty old 4000, with a 14k4 modem and fiddling with AmiTCP.. Aahh... nostalgia..

Mind you internet pages were still mainly text with the occasional picture. Tables, frames, flash etc. didn't exist yet.

I had an Amiga 500 & 3000 back in the day. In 1999 I got rid of 'em, that was the dumbest thing I have ever done. In 2005 I did find an Amiga 3000 for a good price. I'm still using it and it dual boots MINIX also.

I'm an Atari owner, and i also love Amiga. Too bad i never had it myself. However, my very first steps were on IBM XT. As a very very young kid ;)

The Amiga 500 .. ah yes, the Workbench, the games on diskettes (Marbles!) ... the attached Epson matrix printer churning out my uni assignments written in <what was that editor again?> ...

Ed? Or something more advanced like WordWorth or Textcraft?

Back