What's your preferred GUI toolkit?

GTKmm is what I use for my day to day work.

Also... I have "ported" Borland Kylix (Like Borland C++Builder 6) to my FreeBSD linux compatibility layer and I love it! Its GUI library (vcl) is really neat.
Unfortunately it will not be updated because Borland abandoned it a while ago!

And yes, I only code in c++ for my GUIs. IMO it makes more sense such as Button objects etc... I am currently coding my own gui library (based on OpenGL) to simulate Javax.swing but currently I have no portable way to do callbacks in c++ without using sig++. ATM I use some inline assembily to call a method pointer but I tend to believe this could be done in a much better way... much better... lol

kpedersen said:
Also... I have "ported" Borland Kylix (Like Borland C++Builder 6) to my FreeBSD linux compatibility layer and I love it! Its GUI library (vcl) is really neat.
Unfortunately it will not be updated because Borland abandoned it a while ago!

How did you manage do that? Does the Delphi part work? Interested because when Kylix came out I tried for months to get it to work on FreeBSD but nothing....

I havn't tried the delphi stuff.

Basically I found a zip file on the internet containing some hacks to get it working on newer Linux distros so I simply applied them.

I will PM you the zip as soon as I can get to my external hard drive.

If CDE was still active platform, I would say Motif. I just love CDE and Motif. But nowadays I'm "forced" to use Qt (+ KDE). IMO Gtk is just horrible. :s

yes fronty I use to like dtbuilder and xdesigner too.
CDE was better than that sh*te java desktop you get with solaris now.

has anyone mentioned fltk?
it's dead easy (c++) with a nifty gui builder (fluid).
simple stuff only but quick and easy.

Back