Solved What's wrong: freebsd-version -k -u = 10.2-RELEASE-p9 / p12

Is there anyone who can tell me what's wrong and how I can fix it?

Had 10.2-RELEASE-p7 and after freebsd-update fetch install I have p9/p12?

Code:
root@zulu128:~ # uname -a

FreeBSD zulu128.startdedicated.de 10.2-RELEASE-p9 FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE-p9 #0: Thu Jan 14 01:32:46 UTC 2016     root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

root@zulu128:~ # freebsd-version -k -u
10.2-RELEASE-p9
10.2-RELEASE-p12

root@zulu128:~ # freebsd-update fetch
src component not installed, skipped
Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 4 mirrors found.
Fetching metadata signature for 10.2-RELEASE from update6.freebsd.org... done.
Fetching metadata index... done.
Inspecting system... done.
Preparing to download files... done.

No updates needed to update system to 10.2-RELEASE-p12.

root@zulu128:~ # freebsd-update install
src component not installed, skipped
No updates are available to install.
Run '/usr/sbin/freebsd-update fetch' first.

Nothing is wrong. The kernel version lags behind the userland version because there hasn't been any updates to the kernel source code after -p9. This means the freebsd-update server has not built a new kernel after -p9 but has only recompiled the userland (world) with the updated sources. You should always trust what freebsd-version -u tells you and ignore the kernel version.

There's nothing to "fix". The reason for the difference is because the last few updates didn't involve the kernel. Because there's no new kernel it will report the 'old' version. This is why there's now a command freebsd-version(1) that allows you to see the version of the base and the kernel separately.

There's nothing to "fix". The reason for the difference is because the last few updates didn't involve the kernel. Because there's no new kernel it will report the 'old' version. This is why there's now a command freebsd-version(1) that allows you to see the version of the base and the kernel separately.

Updated a FreeBSD server to 10.3 from 10.1. Doesn't look right to me:
# freebsd-version
10.1-RELEASE-p45
# uname -a
FreeBSD castile.internal 10.3-RELEASE-p20 FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE-p20 #0: Wed Jul 12 03:13:07 UTC 2017 root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64

Back