Whats is your sound card drivers

ericbsd

Developer
Whats is your sound card drivers.
its a survey to know whats driver GhostBSD need on the kernel.
me i use snd_hda and snd_ich
Thanks

snd_emu10kx is popular as well ; it's the last chipset Creative made before fubaring themselves with X-Fi (which only works in Windows / Linux with limited driver support).

gcooper@ said:
snd_emu10kx is popular as well ; it's the last chipset Creative made before fubaring themselves with X-Fi (which only works in Windows / Linux with limited driver support).

Yep, I have to use audio/oss to get any sound. I don't think their license allows the OP to add it though. Best to check beforehand :e

I think ich and hda are on-board audio on a lot of mainboards these days. A lot of laptops have it too.

SirDice said:
Yep, I have to use audio/oss to get any sound. I don't think their license allows the OP to add it though. Best to check beforehand :e

I think ich and hda are on-board audio on a lot of mainboards these days. A lot of laptops have it too.

The last time I tried the X-Fi drivers via audio/oss it panicked my kernel whenever I played music. Henna (the former maintainer and brainchild of OSS) decided that it was a fuster cluck to develop for the platform, and thus gave up after doing the initial development work. I think he's working on codecs now or something a bit more lucrative than pay as you go drivers (which is a shame because his OSS work was quality...).

gcooper@ said:
The last time I tried the X-Fi drivers via audio/oss it panicked my kernel whenever I played music. Henna (the former maintainer and brainchild of OSS) decided that it was a fuster cluck to develop for the platform, and thus gave up after doing the initial development work. I think he's working on codecs now or something a bit more lucrative than pay as you go drivers (which is a shame because his OSS work was quality...).

Seems to work fine for my soundblaster X-Fi and FreeBSD-8-STABLE. No problems, certainly no panics.

Back