general/other what release is the stock version of FreeBSD ?

Hello.

I would like to install ClonOS/CBSD WEB UI on stock FreeBSD,but I don't know what's stock FreeBSD ? what stock means ? I'm reading here :

and I read : "Daniel Shafer prepared a Jenkins task to build ClonOS pkg package repo (at the moment FreeBSD 12 only" so I assume that I can install clonos only on FreeBSD 12. But below I read "Installing ClonOS/CBSD WEB UI on stock FreeBSD" and this give me the hope that I can install it also on FreeBSD 13,if stock is 13.

So,can I make a plain installation of FreeBSD 13 and then follow the instructions on that site to install clonos on top of it ? what happens if after having installed clonos,I will install ports and packages ? for sure something will be broken ? I'm looking for a way to integrate clonos inside the current installation of FreeBSD that I have at the moment.

I imagine that it will not work if I want to virtualize clonos with bhyve,because it should run on the host os and not in the guest os ?

sure. Btw I would like to install it on FreeBSD 12 and then I will try to upgrade 12 to 13 to see what happens. Just because I'm curious more than a cat.

ok. So,the idea is to create a jail and install inside it an older version of Freebsd. It can be done,reading from here :

Hello.

I would like to install ClonOS/CBSD WEB UI on stock FreeBSD,but I don't know what's stock FreeBSD ? what stock means ? I'm reading here :

and I read : "Daniel Shafer prepared a Jenkins task to build ClonOS pkg package repo (at the moment FreeBSD 12 only" so I assume that I can install clonos only on FreeBSD 12. But below I read "Installing ClonOS/CBSD WEB UI on stock FreeBSD" and this give me the hope that I can install it also on FreeBSD 13,if stock is 13.
With FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE+, you need to follow the second scenario: "Installing ClonOS/CBSD WEB UI on stock FreeBSD ". This is a working method. For example, recently someone launched ClonOS scripts on top of HardenedBSD ;)

For sure you are right. I've followed the first approach and I'm freezed here :

Code:
root@clonos:/usr/local/etc/pkg/repos # cd /usr/ports/ftp/wget

root@clonos:/usr/ports/ftp/wget # make

make: "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk" line 1205: UNAME_r (13.0-RELEASE-p4) and OSVERSION (1200086) do not agree on major version number.

Why I needed to get wget ? to get the certificate I need to fix the errors below :

Code:
root@clonos:/usr/local/etc/pkg/repos # pkg update -f

Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue... [clonos] Fetching meta.conf: 100%    163 B   0.2kB/s    00:01
[clonos] Fetching packagesite.pkg: 100%    6 MiB   6.6MB/s    00:01
Processing entries:   0% Newer FreeBSD version for package tcpslice:

To ignore this error set IGNORE_OSVERSION=yes

package: 1202000
running kernel: 1200086

Ignore the mismatch and continue? [y/N]: y Processing entries: 100%

FreeBSD repository update completed. 31247 packages processed. Updating ClonOS-pkg.ircdriven.net repository catalogue...

Certificate verification failed for /C=US/O=Internet Security Research Group/CN=ISRG Root X1

34375700480:error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed:/usr/src/crypto/openssl/ssl/statem/statem_clnt.c:1925:

Certificate verification failed for /C=US/O=Internet Security Research Group/CN=ISRG Root X1 34375700480:error:1416F086:SSL

routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed:/usr/src/crypto/openssl/ssl/statem/statem_clnt.c:1925: Certificate verification failed for /C=US/O=Internet Security

Research Group/CN=ISRG Root X1 34375700480:error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed:/usr/src/crypto/openssl/ssl/statem/statem_clnt.c:1925:

Certificate verification failed for /C=US/O=Internet Security Research Group/CN=ISRG Root X1 34375700480:error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed:/usr/src/crypto/openssl/ssl/statem/statem_clnt.c:1925:

Certificate verification failed for /C=US/O=Internet Security Research Group/CN=ISRG Root X1 34375700480:error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed:/usr/src/crypto/openssl/ssl/statem/statem_clnt.c:1925:

Certificate verification failed for /C=US/O=Internet Security Research Group/CN=ISRG Root X1 34375700480:error:1416F086:SSL

routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed:/usr/src/crypto/openssl/ssl/statem/statem_clnt.c:1925: pkg: https://pkg.ircdriven.net/packages/12amd64-clonos//meta.txz: Authentication error

repository ClonOS-pkg.ircdriven.net has no meta file, using default settings

Certificate verification failed for /C=US/O=Internet Security Research Group/CN=ISRG Root X1 34375700480:error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify

failed:/usr/src/crypto/openssl/ssl/statem/statem_clnt.c:1925: pkg: https://pkg.ircdriven.net/packages/12amd64-clonos//packagesite.pkg: Authentication error

routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed:/usr/src/crypto/openssl/ssl/statem/statem_clnt.c:1925:

pkg: https://pkg.ircdriven.net/packages/12amd64-clonos//packagesite.txz: Authentication error Unable to update repository ClonOS-pkg.ircdriven.net Error updating repositories!

make: "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk" line 1205: UNAME_r (13.0-RELEASE-p4) and OSVERSION (1200086) do not agree on major version number.[/CODE]

ClonOS scripts not for jail, this should be installed on the host system. Your error is due to the fact that you are doing this in jail with FreeBSD 12 base, while the host system powered by FreeBSD 13

ClonOS scripts not for jail, this should be installed on the host system. Your error is due to the fact that you are doing this in jail with FreeBSD 12 base, while the host system powered by FreeBSD 13

Exactly what I want to do. I can't install ClonOS on top of FreeBSD 13. Someone said that it works only on 12,like @SirDice,but I'm running 13. Maybe I can install FreeBSD 12 inside a bhyve vm ? it will work ?

Exactly what I want to do. I can't install ClonOS on top of FreeBSD 13. Someone said that it works only on 12,like @SirDice,but I'm running 13. Maybe I can install FreeBSD 12 inside a bhyve vm ? it will work ?

What you are attempting is akin to putting on your underpants after your trousers. You will not have the desired functionality.

since clonos is based on freebsd 13,the first thing that I've thought has been to merge its installation inside my current freebsd 13 installation,but the first try failed.

Back