• portmaster

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • portupgrade

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • synth

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • poudriere

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • something else that I am not aware of yet (what)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ports-mgmt/poudriere-devel all the way. Have different versions and different configurations (desktop and server) to install. Poudriere makes it easy to keep all settings the same. I'm also able to easily switch default versions (perl, php, mysql, etc) and keep that consistent across the various repositories.

Manually, but now I'm using portmaster -L to remind me when an upgrade is available. Previously I was just checking with pkg upgrade but missed some things.

back when portupgrade was common, I wrote a small version of a script that did some of portmaster functionality, and had to be placed in the port subdir before usage. It tracked how long the port took to build, and other data. Still can be used now, but pkg saves a lot of time, despite my pre-pkg wish for a parallel [ non- sqlite3] way to track, deinstall, install packages [ aka 2007 ish added back in ] to add resiliency to mission-critical installs, particularly since it might help portupgrade, portmaster attain their full prior usability.

I'm using ports-mgmt/pkg_replace with some handy aliases:
Code:
prf='pkg_replace -f '
prn='pkg_replace -N '
prr='pkg_replace --clean -R '
despite it's name, pkg_replace lets you install new ports as well. Be warned: it is a bit different from portupgrade.

Back