What kind of music do you listen to?

What's your favorite kind of music? I listen to a bit of everything (minus rap)...... I listen to oldies quite a bit (The Beatles, Elvis Presley, The Beach Boys, etc), some Five for Fighting, some Aerosmith, a bit of The Fray... Not too much country though I have been a little more tolerant of it lately (I used to hate it).. What about you?

Now listening: Beat Hackers - Not for sale
Nice clean melodical 2009 full-on psytrance.
But I also listen lots of 80's and 90's radio at work. Never wouldn't miss that. In my opinion still the most interesting era of modern music.

I have a Klaus Flouride album, though it stinks.

The Shaggs
The Legendary Stardust Cowboy
Shellac
Larry "Wild Man" Fischer
Jackie Gleason
Deerhoof
and the king of bleeding ears:
Jandek

fronclynne said:
Sweet. A man of sophistication!

As for me:
Shellac/Big Black/Rapeman
BH Surfers (it gets censored on posting) :(
Melvins
Miles Davis
Ornette Coleman
Entombed
Gorgoroth
Beethoven
Neurosis
Isis
Nile
Joy Division
The Police

etc...

I listen to pretty much anything, though I'm not a huge fan of the pop out right now ( & for the past few years). My tastes range from Bach to Orange Goblin, Imogen Heap to Too $hort and almost everything in between... I have a collection of about 400 CD's right now (and some vinyl too)... yes I still buy my music on physical media!

I am more into my industrial than anything else but if something is good i will listen to it.
FEINDFLUG, Psyclon Nine, Funker Vogt, Wumpscut and I could go on all day.

Lately it's been the following:

Led Zeppelin
Gin Blossoms
Drop Trio (Listen for free over at Magnatune)
Prodigy (for the more intense hacking sessions)

At home I generally listen to a local radio station that plays, e.g.: Americana, Rockabilly, Folk (central Texas style, that is), etc.

At work I just need any kind of unobjectionable noise to drown out the half dozen conversations occurring all around my desk. Classical will do. Flamenco guitar will do. Rap and Top 40 will do. Even Country - in small doses - will do.

Quite a lot of dance, mostly techno. Mainly because I'm also a VJ, besides my 'regular' day time job as a *nix engineer :e

But other then that pretty much anything goes, pop, rock, (old school) hiphop, some R&B, or just the ever present humming of my computers..

Metal primarily. I have a preference for older Scandinavian black metal (Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Dark Throne, etc), but also enjoy other similar styles from bands such as Cradle Of Filth or Therion. Of course, death metal is always welcome; Cannibal Corpse, Mortician, etc. If it's metal, I probably like it...unless it's Glam, which I can't stand. I also do like some numetal, such as Disturbed. Keep the country and rap away from me though (old-school rap is sometimes ok...Run DMC, Beastie Boys, The Fat Boys, etc).

SirDice said:
Quite a lot of dance, mostly techno. Mainly because I'm also a VJ, besides my 'regular' day time job as a *nix engineer :e

But other then that pretty much anything goes, pop, rock, (old school) hiphop, some R&B, or just the ever present humming of my computers..

So I do have a clone in here :D

Pretty much into NGoHT (schranz) lately, but good ol' hard techno also does the job.

Dark and hard drum and bass, dark step, oldschool raps, classic violin and piano, experimental and industrial, post-rock and plain robot, synthetic music goes in too.

Visuals are just compulsory for any electronic music.

taromaru said:
Sure! Its also great to listen to our heritage. I find myself playing "The best of 30-40-50-60-70-80s" kind of compilations when I have people coming for a visit :)

These we don't get good music or films, IMPO.

SirDice said:
Indeed :e

Shameless plug: http://www.reach-visuals.com/

Site could use a little love and updates though, the summer season has been somewhat hectic :beergrin

Shameless plug II: http://www.veoh.com/collection/IPromise2BeYou

The first clip of the first episode (baby cat face) is my very favourite style of visuals: overloading, paranoid and hectic (2:30-3:25 rocks!)

vivek said:
These we don't get good music or films, IMPO.

Umm... If i understood you right, you think there's no good music on those decades. I disagree, for example, I find vintage jazz (30s) really really interesting, there's lots of great recordings out there on the public domain :)

CodeBlock said:
What's your favorite kind of music?
I can tolerate a lot, from classical to metal and many things in between, but I prefer rock (Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, Status Quo, my country's national pride Golden Earring, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Van Halen, Yngwie Malmsteen, Deep Purple, Kiss, Alice Cooper, etc. etc. and my favorite by far is Queen) and '80s pop. What I don't care for is house, rap and R&B, with a few rare exceptions.

Alphons (cp: Van Halen - Respect the Wind)

Back