What is the minimum boot time of FreeBSD?

The FreeBSD init system just takes a looooong time and although I am just running it in a VM right now when I actually use FreeBSD for desktop usage the bootup time might be a problem. When windows took too long to boot I would end up doing nothing productive. It breaks the flow. I am gonna use the OpenRC or Runit systems but I was just wondering is it possible to make the time even shorter like clear Linux? (I know this goes against the forum rules but I am just curious)
Do not compare FreeBSD boot time and Ubuntu/Debian (distro based on Linux and systemd) because when you hit the login prompt on systemd (Ubuntu/Debian) nothing is started, but on FreeBSD everything is up and running, ready to work. Anyway your compute will wait after you 90% of the time ...

Do not compare FreeBSD boot time and Ubuntu/Debian (distro based on Linux and systemd) [...]
Huh, yeah, you just reminded me of something. What was that?

networkd-boot-delay.png

Oh yeah! That! ☝️

I don't see why I would keep my laptop open 24/7 that's power consumption gone to waste
And you don't see anything wrong with the above in regards to said "power consumption"? (1min 5s / no limit)

Do not compare FreeBSD boot time and Ubuntu/Debian (distro based on Linux and systemd) because when you hit the login prompt on systemd (Ubuntu/Debian) nothing is started, but on FreeBSD everything is up and running, ready to work. Anyway your compute will wait after you 90% of the time ...
No, they both start things up as they boot. "Linux" systemd aggressively parallelizes start up routines, while giving the OS cancer at the same time (startup was better, not faster, before systemd). Yes, ironically systemd can prevent booting. FreeBSD is more sequential in its start up routines.

As for stratact, focus on FreeBSD in FreeBSD forums. There are too many users here that think it is a competition between "Linux" and FreeBSD.

Back