Solved What is the decent Mini PC to use as a server?

I am interested in this topic. What is the decent Mini PC to use as a server running FreeBSD11.x or 12? If I could do without Mac(MiniMac), that would be brilliant. I am to drop it at a co-location site. But if that's one of the reliable devices, I won't argue. I don't want any driver fuss.

I am interested in this topic. What is the decent Mini PC to use as a server running FreeBSD11.x or 12? If I could do without Mac(MiniMac), that would be brilliant. I am to drop it at a co-location site. But if that's one of the reliable devices, I won't argue. I don't want any driver fuss.
Sorry if I am hijacking your thread.

Lenovo ThinkCentre M92p Tiny is another good choice (or any Lenovo * Tiny). The only problem is the space - you can put only one 2.5" drive.

Thanks for referring me to the blog. Yet to be tested for co-location. And I'm aware of it. Vermaden is great - so full of super stunts!

I just dropped the idea of the Thinkcentre.Too big!

I think you should consider the PCEngines APU2.
They are really worthy. Fanless and room for expansion with mSATA slot, mPCIe w/USB signaling and mPCIe regular.
They use ECC RAM and the 4GB model is more than enough for most tasks.
I build custom NanoBSD for them and run it from SD card.
For the money they are a nice mini-server.

FreeBSD user choice: mostly Intel NUCs.

e8bf3 »mini pcApple /
Macmini5,2
23966 »mini pcCompulab /
fitlet2
07253 »mini pcIntel /
NUC5i3RYB H4...
d0730 »mini pcIntel /
NUC6i5SYB H8...
e3a69 »mini pcIntel /
NUC7CJYH
ff6aa »mini pcIntel /
NUC7CJYH
f93e4 »mini pcIntel /
NUC7i3DNHE
a34db »mini pcZOTAC /
ZBOX-CI323NANO

Almost the same on Linux:

MiniPC.png

I had a look at PCEngines but wouldn't do the job. I like them for other purposes - gateway.

Back