what is best GUI tools for configure LDAP server and manage in freebsd14 ?

Dear all:
i have install ldap server in freebsd14 . i think the command to configure this server is so complex. do you have some good GUI tools to configure ,Manage LDAP in freebsd 14 ? thanks.

I haven't been deeply involved in LDAP in years, but when I ran a server at a place (on CentOS 5,x, I think), I could use phpldapadmin which is in ports. I mention its CentOS setup in a REALLY old page of mine https://srobb.net/ldap.html#phpldapadmin but I make no guarantee of the accuracy or application to FreeBSD with it. I just vaguely remember at that time, a lot of women at that company were getting married, and I always offered to give them a screen shot of their name change in LDAP when they changed their email from their married to maiden name (it was an are you sure you want to change mary.smith to mary.jones type of thing), and almost all of them wanted the screenshot.

And yes, LDAP can be a pain. I haven't dealt with it in years, but the people who wrote LDAP for Rocket Scientists wrote
The bad news is that IOHO never has so much been written so incomprehensibly about a single topic with the possible exceptions of BIND and ... and ... There are innumerable excellent HOWTOs scattered over the Internet, which are great if you need a tactical solution to a particular problem, and are happy to put up with the vaguely uncomfortable feeling that you are entirely dependent on something you don't really understand. We didn't want a tactical solution, we wanted a strategic solution to a whole set of problems, all of which all appeared to be ideally suited to LDAP, but we had to understand stuff ... we needed a WHYTO. This is our - perhaps pathetic - attempt to create it.

I haven't been deeply involved in LDAP in years, but when I ran a server at a place (on CentOS 5,x, I think), I could use phpldapadmin which is in ports. I mention its CentOS setup in a REALLY old page of mine https://srobb.net/ldap.html#phpldapadmin but I make no guarantee of the accuracy or application to FreeBSD with it. I just vaguely remember at that time, a lot of women at that company were getting married, and I always offered to give them a screen shot of their name change in LDAP when they changed their email from their married to maiden name (it was an are you sure you want to change mary.smith to mary.jones type of thing), and almost all of them wanted the screenshot.

And yes, LDAP can be a pain. I haven't dealt with it in years, but the people who wrote LDAP for Rocket Scientists wrote
Dear scottro:
thanks for your reply . i think openldap is very complex to configure and manage, so i want to find a GUI tools to fast and smart manage ldap server. how do we do in freebsd world to manage much users ? thanks .

Well, you can try the handbook's chapter, but I haven't tried it myself, though back when I did my page, around 2010 or so, I remember making use of the handbook chapter to clarify some things to me.

Back