wgetpaste issue - nothing received

Hello all,

I am on/off on FreeBSD so not necessarily the most knowledgeable. I've tried to use wgetpaste recently and I'm not getting it to work easily. When I use it the way I would expect it to run, I only get:

Apparently nothing was received. Perhaps the connection failed. Enable --verbose or --debug to get the output from wget that can help diagnose it correctly

I have copied stderr to a log file and going through it I can see that it uploads the file just well, but does not seem to be getting back an URL in response. I'm finding the URL in the log that contains stdout & stderr, see here: https://dpaste.com/5DCT5DXXD (upload of a file named test that only contains test).

Is that the expected output?

Thanks!

Do you want or need to use a specific service? If you look around the forum you will often see me ask for cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | nc termbin.com 9999. This is also a pastebin type website but you can simply use a nc(1) connection to pipe the info to. No need it install anything as nc(1) is included with the base OS.

It's possible the API on the particular service changed and the code for wgetpaste hasn't been updated accordingly. That 2.30 version appears to be 2.5 years old, so it's quite possible some of those websites changed in the mean time.

Back