'Welcome to The FreeBSD Forums!' subscription mail

Hello,
I don't know if this is normal and if I should report it, but I got the "Thanks for registering at The FreeBSD Forums! We are glad you ..." message twice.
It's not really important. I just wanted you to know.

The first one is confirmation and second one is welcome email. It is quite normal for VB based forum to send two emails.

No, I was talking precisely about the welcome e-mail.

I got the confirmation request entitled "Action Required to Activate Membership for The FreeBSD Forums" and containing the text "Before we can activate your account [...]" once, and the welcome message entitled "Welcome to The FreeBSD Forums!" and containing the text "We are glad you have chosen [...]" twice, both exactly at the same date and time.

If you received both with the exact same date/time its likely your email client over any problem with the forums. That can happen if you use imap and any weirdness happens at the time the client downloads the message. That was only one possibility but you'll see a repeat of that behavior if it is a problem with the forums and you can report that along with the message headers if it continues.

Are you sure? I use YAHOO mail and I don't think it has IMAP at all (maybe only for mobiles????)

Beastie said:
Are you sure? I use YAHOO mail and I don't think it has IMAP at all (maybe only for mobiles????)

Yahoo mail has imap support since 2006 I believe. That does not necessarily mean that the webmail defaults to imap for free accounts but it can't be ruled out. My previous post still stands. Monitor the situation and report it if you continue to see this issue. ;)

I meant IMAP on the INSIDE (web server talks to IMAP server over localhost or to a backend IMAP server), not on your side (client/Internet). You get a HTTP(S) view of what is basically an IMAP session.

Ah, okay. Thanks both for the info, but it's not a big deal. I just wanted to report what I thought was a FreeBSD Forums problem, so they can fix it if it happens again with someone else.

Anyway, it's a one-time thing for me since I don't subscribe to threads.

unfortunately, they both have the same uid numper

Ah, well to test, have you tried posting as both Beastie and Beastie to see if they're the same? I mean, maybe every time you log in, you're loggin' in as the one you don't think you're logging in as.

Back