was the chrome browser removed from ports?

Hello

I am using freebsd 13.1. Recently (last week) i have upgraded my packages, and chrome (the browser) was removed. Was chrome removed from the ports/packages? I am seeing a ungoogled-chromium port/package on the server (using pkg search chrome, this is what came up). Is this the correct package to use? Or is there some other way to install chrome?

Hello

I am using freebsd 13.1. Recently (last week) i have upgraded my packages, and chrome (the browser) was removed. Was chrome removed from the ports/packages? I am seeing a ungoogled-chromium port/package on the server (using pkg search chrome, this is what came up). Is this the correct package to use? Or is there some other way to install chrome?
AS of now (07:30 utc+3) now I can see chromium 113.0 using the command "pkg search chromuim". I am assuming there was an update going on on the server... Interesting...

Well then, Chromium certainly wasn't removed. When a package is missing, the reason is that it (or a dependency) failed to build. It should reappear soon.

Well then, Chromium certainly wasn't removed. When a package is missing, the reason is that it (or a dependency) failed to build. It should reappear soon.
Yes it reappeared on the server, and I was able to install the chromium browser.

The thing is, prior to the upgrade last week, I was able to use the chromium browser (using /usr/local/bin/chrome). But after the upgrade /usr/local/bin/chrome was missing. That is when I realized it has been removed by the upgrade (using pkg upgrade).

Back