Wanted - Seagate jumper for SATA drive.

Can anyone sell me one of the non-standard jumpers from a Seagate SATA drive, my drive didn't come with one and I need to limit the drive to SATA I.

If you can help me out PM me. I'm in the UK. Ta.

If you have SATA1 controller, drive should automatically detect that and work as sata1....
My sata2 drives work as sata1 without any jumpers

If you know how to solder, and drive is old enough (no warranty), you can solder 2 connectors yourself, thus improvising jumper

killasmurf86 said:
you can solder 2 connectors yourself, thus improvising jumper
What's wrong with just connecting the two pins with loops of wire? It's not as intrusive as tin and lead.

Talk to local IT guy working in large data center, they do have those. If not many electronic shop carries them. Last option as other suggested DIY.

I'm still struggling to get a Seagate SATA HDD jumper. They are about 2/3rds the size of a standard HDD jumper. I tried the local shops, Seagate (Ha!), a friend-of-a-friend etc etc.

Anyone got one to spare?

michaelrmgreen said:
I'm still struggling to get a Seagate SATA HDD jumper. They are about 2/3rds the size of a standard HDD jumper. I tried the local shops, Seagate (Ha!), a friend-of-a-friend etc etc.

Anyone got one to spare?

I have a bunch of jumpers, mainly from Seagate SCSI drives. They come in a number of sizes from minute (1.5mm high x 4mm wide), small (2mm x 4mm), medium (5mm x 3mm), regular (5mm x 5mm) to large (8mm x 5mm). Do you know which size you need? Measurements?

See attached image for above sizes.

Attachments

• jumpers.jpg
    jumpers.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 397
Back