Solved vulkan-caps-viewer Segmentation fault

Shows
Code:
error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is invalid or not set in the environment.

If I set it to /tmp for example the message changes to:

Code:
Qt: Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed

¿Is this a linuxism? a quick search points to an Ubuntu forum:

"To answer your first question, "What is XDG_RUNTIME_DIR?", it is an environment variable that is set automatically when you log in. It tells any program you run where to find a user-specific directory in which it can store small temporary files. Note that XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is set by pam_systemd(8), so it is not actually related to X (running programs graphically), which is the problem you seem to be having."

Mine got set to /var/run/user/1004, where 1004 is my uid. I don't know what set it.

If you look here you will see that /tmp/ is not a valid directory for XDG_RUNTIME_DIR.

Thank you. I found that console kit sets those variables.

Still crashes and lldb shows:

Code:
* thread #1, name = 'vulkanCapsViewer', stop reason = signal SIGSEGV: invalid address (fault address: 0x18)
    frame #0: 0x00000008003e2e46 libwayland-client.so.0`wl_proxy_create_wrapper + 38
libwayland-client.so.0`wl_proxy_create_wrapper:
->  0x8003e2e46 <+38>: addq   0x18(%r14), %rdi
    0x8003e2e4a <+42>: callq  0x8003e7a00               ; symbol stub for: ___lldb_unnamed_symbol141
    0x8003e2e4f <+47>: movq   (%r14), %rax
    0x8003e2e52 <+50>: movq   %rax, (%rbx)

I just wanted to run it and upload a report but now I don't know if its worth it.

XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is used by Wayland if I recall correctly. The crash seems to be looking for Wayland too.

Back