vote spam option

Greetings.
I want to suggest adding a new option called vote spam.
Due to the previous experience in another forum who got choked by spam i suggest option which can be used in such way:
someone spot spam post and click on button vote spam
and the post automatic is marked as spam. after that when someone click on New posts that message to appear on top of all in sub section called "Spam reports" or "Suggested Spam".
Then yet another user will be needed to verify that the post is spam. after that the post is deleted from the board and copy is send to mod/admin to finally accept it as such and thus send it to /dev/null.
The option should be used only from users with at least with 1-3 full months membership.
As we know everything around here is voluntarily and waiting mod/admin to watch every second what's going on is unproductive.
The forum have feed so response will be much fast and accurate and thus administration burden will be minimized by little but still worth.

paulfrottawa said:
I like an idea for spam too,

You know if a member gets it wrong then just revoke that privilege per user basis.

I like it too. I haven't exactly seen too much spam but it's good so that in the future when this place is crowded spam won't be too much an issue.

I think "report post" (
report.gif
) function is just fine for this purpose. No need to confirm that the spam is really spam :)

Mods receive an email once this is used, as well as a new thread is created in the Internal section of this forum so that it won't get lost...

danger@ said:
I think "report post" (
report.gif
) function is just fine for this purpose. No need to confirm that the spam is really spam :)

Mods receive an email once this is used, as well as a new thread is created in the Internal section of this forum so that it won't get lost...

I agree, the current situation is good, no need to change anything. Spam gets removed pretty quickly.

mk said:
As we know everything around here is voluntarily and waiting mod/admin to watch every second what's going on is unproductive.
IMO that's one of the duties of a moderator. If you don't have the time to do this you can't be a moderator.

(I'm a mod myself on another board :e )

No need to add spam button. I run a two forums and mods for another one. Block all open proxies and disable adding url for first 10 posts and you are good to go.

Back