Solved Volantes Cursors Make Error

Good evening everyone, here for some much-needed advice. I use volantes-cursors on my Linux and wanted to put them on my FreeBSD, but ran into a make issue. I tried gmake and gvim as well, the error is the same. It is talking about the -P flag on line 42 ( done | xargs -r -0 -n 1 -P "$(nproc)" sh -c ), but I'm not sure how to -Proceed, or if it is even possible. Looking at the documentation I would rather ask here for advice on other possible flags to use, there are too many that I do not understand even researching my options and I don't want to mess something up guessing randomly. Can someone help me get these installed, or am I out of luck with this cursor set? Using Xfce 4.16, FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE-p3 amd64. Please advise.

Wow, Jose, that's awesome. Now how do I implement? I tried typing the alias before the command, make build, but the same error halted the run. I then opened the .sh file and added the alias before the call for nproc, again, halted. Do I put the alias before the if, then, else statements, or even farther up the coding ladder?

Not sure why an alias doesn't work, but you can replace $(nproc) with $(/sbin/sysctl -n hw.ncpu) instead of using an alias. That should allow you to continue the build beyond that point, or at least get a different error.

...Did I miss something?
Did You use gmake instead of make?
Did You apply my patch build.sh.txt before gmake? It changes PREFIX and use of xatrs (thanks to You) and stat.

Copy the patch to the project folder and try:
Bash:
gmake clean
patch < ./build.sh.txt
gmake
sudo gmake install
I have installed the cursors this way twice, at work and at home, and have already changed the cursor theme to this light one.
Just like that

Ah, I misunderstood the intention of your post. For some reason, I expected errors even after the patch. I apologize for my mistaken thought process. 🤦‍♂️

Nice work 👍

Did You use gmake instead of make?
Did You apply my patch build.sh.txt before gmake? It changes PREFIX and use of xatrs (thanks to You) and stat.

Copy the patch to the project folder and try:
Bash:
gmake clean
patch < ./build.sh.txt
gmake
sudo gmake install
I have installed the cursors this way twice, at work and at home, and have already changed the cursor theme to this light one.
Just like that
I use the dark-theme cursor. What does this patch do? Where did it come from? Should I be looking to patch; I'm not familiar with it.

I use the dark-theme cursor. What does this patch do? Where did it come from? Should I be looking to patch; I'm not familiar with it.
The patch attached to this post https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/volantes-cursors-make-error.81715/post-528650 as a file build.sh.txt.
It changes Makefile and build.sh for PREFIX and couple of parameters for used commands.
You can read what changes the patch makes (it is just a text file).
For apply this patch fetch it to the cursors project folder and run:
Code:
patch < ./build.sh.txt
And only then You can build and install the project with:
Code:
gmake
sudo gmake install

The patch attached to this post https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/volantes-cursors-make-error.81715/post-528650 as a file build.sh.txt.
It changes Makefile and build.sh for PREFIX and couple of parameters for used commands.
You can read what changes the patch makes (it is just a text file).
For apply this patch fetch it to the cursors project folder and run:
Code:
patch < ./build.sh.txt
And only then You can build and install the project with:
Code:
gmake
sudo gmake install
Now that I've had some sleep, I can see I jumped the gun. For anyone reading this forum for answers, this has fixed the FreeBSD + Volantes Cursors issue I originally posted. Worked like a charm. Many thanks, Alexander (both of you!), solved.

Back