VLC mouse pause click plugin for FreeBSD.....

ziomario

Hello.

I would like to install the VLC pause click plugin on freebsd. Is there a chance to do that ? I've found the source code here :

http://ftp.se.freebsd.org/pub/void-ppc-sources/vlc-pause-click-plugin-1.0.0/

and I tried to compile it on FreeBSD 13R,but it didn't work :

Code:
# make

make: "/usr/home/marietto/Downloads/vlc-pause-click-plugin-1.0.0/Makefile" line 13: Need an operator
make: "/usr/home/marietto/Downloads/vlc-pause-click-plugin-1.0.0/Makefile" line 14: Need an operator
make: "/usr/home/marietto/Downloads/vlc-pause-click-plugin-1.0.0/Makefile" line 15: Need an operator
make: "/usr/home/marietto/Downloads/vlc-pause-click-plugin-1.0.0/Makefile" line 17: Need an operator
make: "/usr/home/marietto/Downloads/vlc-pause-click-plugin-1.0.0/Makefile" line 18: Missing dependency operator
make: "/usr/home/marietto/Downloads/vlc-pause-click-plugin-1.0.0/Makefile" line 19: Missing dependency operator
make: "/usr/home/marietto/Downloads/vlc-pause-click-plugin-1.0.0/Makefile" line 21: Need an operator
make: "/usr/home/marietto/Downloads/vlc-pause-click-plugin-1.0.0/Makefile" line 23: Need an operator
make: "/usr/home/marietto/Downloads/vlc-pause-click-plugin-1.0.0/Makefile" line 25: Need an operator
make: "/usr/home/marietto/Downloads/vlc-pause-click-plugin-1.0.0/Makefile" line 27: Need an operator
make: "/usr/home/marietto/Downloads/vlc-pause-click-plugin-1.0.0/Makefile" line 28: Missing dependency operator
make: "/usr/home/marietto/Downloads/vlc-pause-click-plugin-1.0.0/Makefile" line 29: Need an operator
make: Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
make: stopped in /usr/home/marietto/Downloads/vlc-pause-click-plugin-1.0.0

OP
ziomario

ziomario

I'm no expert, but make will run BSD make, you might need GNU make - try "gmake" instead of "make" (but not sure if you need to install something).

no man,you are more expert than me. gmake worked. and after gmake ? I gave gmake install but it didn't work...

astyle

Daemon

I just compile multimedia/vlc with all the options enabled, in /usr/ports. Takes a bit of time, esp. with pulling in the deps, but it will pull in devel/gmake (if needed as a build dep), and all the plugins (runtime deps), and compile correctly for you.

I usually avoid compiling stuff outside of the /usr/ports ports tree, unless I have a good way to go back to a clean slate if I mess up somewhere (This is where some knowledge of ZFS really helps).

OP
ziomario

ziomario

thanks to everyone. gmake has been enough to compile the library. After that,I have placed the so file in the VLC / plugins folder and I have configured the plugin as explained. it works like a charm.

astyle

Daemon

excusme if sometimes I'm out of ideas...
Umm, I think that just saying 'that didn't work' and not giving a lot of details (like error messages) about what exactly didn't work is what richardtoohey2 was referring to. By contrast, the very first post in this thread did a pretty good job with the details - it was very clear that you went outside of the ports tree, used BSD's make rather than gmake, there was a very adequate amount of detail - that's what gets people talking and helping.

OP
ziomario

ziomario

Umm, I think that just saying 'that didn't work' and not giving a lot of details (like error messages) about what exactly didn't work is what richardtoohey2 was referring to. By contrast, the very first post in this thread did a pretty good job with the details - it was very clear that you went outside of the ports tree, used BSD's make rather than gmake, there was a very adequate amount of detail - that's what gets people talking and helping.

yes, I can also have some moments of discouragement: D