Visual C#?

I'm not a fan of the political side of the "Windows vs everything else" debate. Just pick the right tool for the job, and learn to use it. After all, it's a job, not entertainment. 🤷‍♂️ If you like the tool, and are actually proficient in using it, great. But if not: Your expertise is leverage when asking for permission to use a different tool, and the output still has to be compatible with customer's expectations.
Woaw... I am wondering why you mention the "Windows vs everything else" debate when an ex-windows developer is asking information on a freeBSD platform.
And I beg to differ as for me it is not a job it is pleasure.
And thank you for publishing your point of view and the lack of information I can use.

lang/mono
lang/fsharp
x11-toolkits/gtk-sharp30
editors/vscode

A gui fahrenheit converter i've written in C# on freebsd,

To compile

Thanks for the information (it is gold mine for me). I sure will have a look.
Compiling from ports the vscode now (takes a lot of time, several hours).

After several hours, I hit a roadblock where there is an incompatibility between yarn-node14 and yarn 1.22.17_2
When I update yarn using pkg install I have a conflict between yarn-node16 and yarn-node14 and another incompatibility between yarn-1.22.18 conflicting with yanr-node14
I honestly do not know what and how to resolve this conundrum...
Also, during the compilation of mono, the compiler reported a lot of variable used before initialization. I am not convinced that the C# environment is reliable and the yarn issue I am facing seems to confirm it. So I close thios chapter and forget about vscode and C# on FreeBSD.

I just tried the same source code in Windows WSL subsystem. And the code works on Windows 11 WSL Subsystem (Ubuntu) without any modification.
Note : vscode & electron18 might be broken for the moment. [vscode is no longer in packages]

I just tried the same source code in Windows WSL subsystem. And the code works on Windows 11 WSL Subsystem (Ubuntu) without any modification.
Note : vscode & electron18 might be broken for the moment. [vscode is no longer in packages]
I certainly believe you, I have seen that vscode is not installable fro port (pkg install vscode returns that the package does not exist), so I have to build it make install clean - as you mentioned they are broken for FreeBSD apparently. I know that vscode supports linux and windows (no mention of BSD)
The gtk-shap30 builds like a charm and building mono display some concerning warnings.
Thanks against for your support and your help.

Back