Virtualbox with XP as guest

Greetings,

I am running a FBSD FreeBSD server which is also the gateway to my home network. The NIC re0 faces the internet only, while re1 faces my home network. I have a Playon account which is a Windows app that streams media from the Internet to other devices such as a Roku.

Instead of the use of a dedicated Windows machine, I decided to install Virtualbox on my FBSD FreeBSD machine which would host WindowsXP. So far I can get XP on the Internet, however I can't get anything to access it. My host settings re0 is DHCP from my ISP while re1 has the address of 192.168.255.254

I have tried to set_up my guest OS to use the second card as 192.168.255.1. Right now I have re0 set_up to be a NAT, and re1 as bridge, however that doesn't work. Could I get some help with this please? And I do have the proper kernel driver, and as well as the rc.conf.

Dana

That would be from inside the LAN. The second LAN card will have an address of 192.168.255.102, it can't ping resources on the LAN, nor can I use other systems to ping that particular address.

Dana

First guess would be firewall rules. But I'd think it would work anyway if re1 is the inside LAN connection on the firewall.

Back