Solved VirtualBox: FreeBSD guest as NFS server and share to the host

• Thread starter Deleted member 63539
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 63539

All of the tutorials online are the reverse, the host is the NFS server and share to the guests. But I want the FreeBSD guest as the NFS server and share to the host. How to do this?

The host is also FreeBSD.

Solutions should be only involving configuring via software. I can't make any changes to hardware. I can't access the router's setup.

…and what exactly is the problem on connecting to a VM? I don't get your problem… Configure your VM as a NFS server and allow your host to connect to it. Or doesn't your VM have a own IP address?

Greetings.

If you want your guest VM to have a "proper" IP address, you need to tweak it a little bit. In VirtualBox, you need to select your Guest VM - Settings - Network - and then choose "Bridged Adapter" and then select proper network interface. Normally when you start it next time, you can access it from your host system.

On your guest system you can see its address with ifconfig.

I hope it will help.

…and what exactly is the problem on connecting to a VM? I don't get your problem… Configure your VM as a NFS server and allow your host to connect to it. Or doesn't your VM have a own IP address?
I want to use a Host only adapter, but on FreeBSD it's invalid setting since in the name field there is nothing to select.

Huh? Usually a HO-Adapter is called "vboxnet"-something.
And i agree with bridged Adapter: Just 2-3 days ago i've set up exactly that scenario: VBox FreeBSD-guest as NFS-Server, and it worked

Huh? Usually a HO-Adapter is called "vboxnet"-something.
And i agree with bridged Adapter: Just 2-3 days ago i've set up exactly that scenario: VBox FreeBSD-guest as NFS-Server, and it worked
I have vboxnet_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf but I don't have any "vboxnet" in the name field of the Host only adapter. The bridged adapter worked fine, though.

Back