Virtualbox 4.3.26 won't start

It's been a while since the last time I used VirtualBox and since then I did a few Kernel/World upgrades on 10.1-Stable branch and a few ports updates. Today I needed to create a new VM but when I started VirtualBox I'm facing the following error:

service vboxnet restart
Code:
VBoxManage: error: Failed to create the VirtualBox object!
VBoxManage: error: Code NS_ERROR_FACTORY_NOT_REGISTERED (0x80040154) - Class not
registered (extended info not available)
VBoxManage: error: Most likely, the VirtualBox COM server is not running or fail
ed to start.

I have another PC with 10.1-Release and the same version of VirtualBox and it works just fine.

I really need this to work and I appreciate any help.

Forgot to mention that it was built using the following options:

Code:
[X] DBUS
[ ] DEBUG
[X] GUESTADDITIONS
[ ] MANUAL
[X] NLS
[ ] PULSEAUDIO
[X] PYTHON
[X] QT4
[X] UDPTUNNEL
[ ] VDE
[X] VNC
[ ] VPX
[X] WEBSERVICE
[X] X11

I had the same problem. Apparently this is OpenSSL related, where VirtualBox links with both libcrypto versions from base and from ports. In addition to what SirDice suggested, I also applied the patch in this PR 199377, reinstalled VirtualBox and created /usr/local/etc/libmap.d/virtualbox.conf with:
Code:
libcrypto.so.7 libcrypto.so.8
and it works for now until there is a proper fix. But the libmapping probably has some unforseen consequences so be careful.

Thank you all for your suggestions. It seems that it works now. :)

I tried reinstalling both emulators/virtualbox-ose and emulators/virtualbox-ose-kmod without any luck.

But tobik 's suggestion regarding libmapping worked for me even without applying the PR (which I suppose forces VirtualBox to link against OpenSSL from base).

Thank you all, you saved the day.

Back