vidcontrol at boot time?

Where should I stick vidcontrol if I want it to execute when the system boots? I currently have it in /etc/rc.conf and it works but there is a message saying "vidcontrol: not found" on the screen at some point during boot so I'm thinking there must be a better/cleaner way.

Thanks!

J.

See "mousechar_start", "allscreens_flags", and " isdn_screenflags" in rc.conf(5) and flags/options in vidcontrol(1).

You can also add the vidcontrol command to /etc/rc.

DutchDaemon said:
See "mousechar_start", "allscreens_flags", and " isdn_screenflags" in rc.conf(5) and flags/options in vidcontrol(1).

Are these options documented somewhere? all_screens_flags did the trick but I wouldn't mind finding out what the others do.

Thanks!

ph0enix said:
Are these options documented somewhere? all_screens_flags did the trick but I wouldn't mind finding out what the others do.

Thanks!

He should've linked it I guess. For future reference, if someone types rc.conf(5), you will find documentation by typing:
Code:
man 5 rc.conf
From that manpage:
Code:
     allscreens_flags
       (str) If set, vidcontrol(1) is run with these options for
       each of the virtual terminals (/dev/ttyv*).  For example,
       ``-m on'' will enable the mouse pointer on all virtual termi-
       nals if moused_enable is set to ``YES''.

ph0enix said:
Can you explain? Thanks!

/etc/rc is the file that gets executed first when FreeBSD boots. So you can add something there if you want to execute it very early.

Back