Very bad performance (apache/php/mysql)

Hi,

Freebsd is very slow for me... i don't know if i did something wrong, but it 10-times slower than centos :\

it's responding to pages very slow and server load is above 50:(

i'm using apache2 + php5 + acp

yes
Code:
[Tue Jul 14 08:12:18 2009] [error] child process 7143 still did not exit, sending a SIGKILL

and
Code:
[Tue Jul 14 08:13:01 2009] [error] [client 92.201.84.171] request failed: error reading the headers

but now it's morning here... and at this time my web site need to work without any problems

Does it take a while for your machine to resolve IP addresses? Does /etc/resolv.conf contain the correct information? This could be a DNS issues.

Do you have HostNameLookups enabled in your httpd.conf file? If they are enabled, try disabling them and see if that helps.

Do static pages have problems as well (pages without PHP), or is it specific to dynamic pages?

Perhaps this will determine whether the problem is with Apache, PHP, or MySQL.

i don't have a static pages, only dynamic!

it doesn't responding many times and when it does- images not loading...

it's a total mess

Have you tried running # atacontrol to see what mode your hard drive is in? Have you attempted to run any benchmarking utilities like # iozone for the filesystem or # ab to benchmark Apache?

Can you log into the server via SSH and use a text based browser (www/links or www/elinks) to view sites hosted on that box? Is it slow then?

Back