USB Keyboard not working properly (11.1)

Hello,

Fresh install, but my keyboard does not work. It is a Corsaire K63.

This thread helps me: https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/55717/, but when i type the command:

Code:
usbconfig -d ugen0.3 add_quirk UQ_KBD_BOOTPROTO

The keyboard works, but like home, end, page down, etc. give as outpout ~.

If I add to my config file /boot/loader.conf:

Code:
hw.usb.quirk.0="0x04d9 0xa030 0 0xffff UQ_KBD_BOOTPROTO"

Nothing works... I need then to add another keyboard, delete the line, reboot, and then retype the command:

Code:

Can someone help me? Thanks

May be there has never been a problem report as mentioned in Thread 55717, or the issue is not yet fixed. I suggest to start where the tilde signs appear. The most recent thread about keyboard setup is Thread 63598. I hope this helps as a pointer where to continue.

The keyboard works, but like home, end, page down, etc. give as outpout ~.
That's actually normal behavior. For (t)csh you can fix it with a couple of bindkey commands:
Code:
                bindkey "^[[1~" beginning-of-line # fix HOME
                bindkey "^[[4~" end-of-line # Fix END
                bindkey "^[[3~" delete-char # FIX DEL

SirDice, thanks for the cool hint!
I always wanted DEL to work. I instantly added your snippet to my .cshrc.

Now I have another wish, don't know whether this is possible.
I often wish it were possible to use ctrl-<left|right arrow> to move the cursor wordwise.
Is this possible with another key binding?

I often wish it were possible to use ctrl-<left|right arrow> to move the cursor wordwise.
Is this possible with another key binding?
Yes, that should be possible. Untested but backward-word and forward-word are probably what you're looking for. If you need to find the exact key code (in vi) press CTRL-V then whatever key you need to remap.

You can find the current mappings and all possibilities by entering bindkey (no options) on the command line.

chrbr thanks for your reply :)
SirDice your are a God, this fix works for me, I still got the issue after booting, I still need to use another keyboard, then type :

Code:

But it is not a mean issue. I'am will search myself for the fix or wait the issue is fixed ^^

Back