USB Ethernet UE0 RTL8156 not going promiscuous -- looking for tips

I have a Startech US2GA30 with the chipset Realtek - RTL8156 that works for normal functions and appears as UE0, however I want to use it in promiscuous mode for running Snort. When I set it for promisc in ifconfig is says it is in promisc, however I only see arp and broadcast traffic which tells me it isn't actually in promiscuous. The manufacturer states that the chipset supports promiscuous, so I suspect this is in the driver. Any helpful tips for getting it to work would be appreciated.

if you are in switched environment this is normal (nobody has ethernet hubs these days anyway)
unless the nic is part of a bridge

It is connected to a tap, not a switch. I am aware of the need of a span port if it were a switch. The tap is manufactured by SharkTap. This is located between the ISP handoff and my Cisco Router.

ISP--------tap-----------Cisco---{My Network}
|
|
NIC
IDS

Additional Information: Running FreeBSD 13.0 Release-p4 with recent freebsd-update. Searching bugs shows that the ue(4) interface documentation is missing (open bug) and reviewing the hardware compatibility I am unable to see what chipsets the ue(4) driver supports. Is there a way to see what chipset the driver believes I have and has selected when it loaded?

Back