Update FreeBSD 13.0 > 13.1 restart error

1320.png

The newly purchased virtual machine seems to be started from USB?
Is there any solution?

How did you do the upgrade?

Does your purchased VM have any boot device settings?

Does it have a console so you can see the earlier boot process?

If newly purchased what was on there originally? A working FreeBSD 13.0 or something else?

How did you do the upgrade?

Does your purchased VM have any boot device settings?

Does it have a console so you can see the earlier boot process?

If newly purchased what was on there originally? A working FreeBSD 13.0 or something else?
The original system is FreeBSD 13.0, which can be started and entered into the system normally. After upgrading, it is stuck here
Upgrade FreeBSD 13.1 as follows:
# rm -rf /var/db/freebsd-update/*
# freebsd-update fetch
# freebsd-update install
# freebsd-update upgrade -r 13.1-RELEASE
# freebsd-update install
# shutdown -r now

Hmmm...
Can you shed some more details about the VM setup?
E.g. is it possible to boot from an attached iso?
Thank you for your reply. It is a virtual machine. You can choose the system when you buy and choose the configuration. You can't guide the ISO file installation. If you can't find a solution, you can only reformat it back to the original system FreeBSD 13.0

If you start again with FreeBSD 13.0 and watch it boot you might see what that does in terms of how/where it boots from.

I‘ve seen this screen before but not on VMs; definitely have QEMU-based VMs that upgraded from 12.X to 13.0 and recently 13.1.

But sorry don’t know specifically what you need here - but watching the 13.0 boot process might give clues.

I also thing the situation with no boot devices found and no iso boot looks a bit lost.

Also I do not know if 'rm -rf /var/db/freebsd-update/*' is really required btw.

Back