Solved Unknown why my FreeBSD NAS is synchronizing with another FreeBSD NAS?

I have two FreeBSD (rel 9.3) NAS, I recently took on this new position and found out that these two NAS are synchronizing data (specifically to /mnt/Store folder) but I can't seem to find where/how this is being synced? I have looked in Rsync, /etc/fstab, but no go.

I know this folder (/mnt/Store) is being synced with another similar NAS because when I SSH into both, the sync does not happen instantly. Whatever file/folder I create in the main NAS, I see the new file/folder on the other NAS replicated a few hours later.

Any suggestions on how I can find out how this is happening?
Thanks!

Cron job perhaps? Have a look on both ends as it could either be a pull or a push. Also look in all user's crontab(1), it's common to run sync scripts on special accounts instead of root.

Cron job perhaps? Have a look on both ends as it could either be a pull or a push. Also look in all user's crontab(1), it's common to run sync scripts on special accounts instead of root.
Thanks for your reply. I looked in /var/cron/* for both NAS , but no files exist in that directory. I also used the command: crontab -u username -l for all users but all say "No crontab for username".

I have two FreeBSD (rel 9.3) NAS, I recently took on this new position and found out that these two NAS are synchronizing data (specifically to /mnt/Store folder) but I can't seem to find where/how this is being synced? I have looked in Rsync, /etc/fstab, but no go.

I know this folder (/mnt/Store) is being synced with another similar NAS because when I SSH into both, the sync does not happen instantly. Whatever file/folder I create in the main NAS, I see the new file/folder on the other NAS replicated a few hours later.

Any suggestions on how I can find out how this is happening?
Thanks!

Disregard. I found out the sync is scheduled in the Web-GUI (via IP address of the NAS .. based on FreeNAS).
Learned something new :). Thank you all!

Back