Unison not recognising noX11 FLAVOR

I am trying to install net/unison without x11. I have the following in my /etc/make.conf

Code:
$less /etc/make.conf

# No X11
OPTIONS_UNSET += X11

However, when I look at the dependencies that will be installed, it looks like it is pulling in x11-toolkits/ocaml-lablgtk2 which depends on x11. In the past there was a -nox11 build of unison that didn't pull in the x11 components, however this has been replaced with the FLAVOR. This port doesn't appear to respect that FLAVOR. Has anyone been able to build unison without x11?

so using make FLAVOUR=nox11 works, but using OPTIONS_UNSET += X11 in /etc/make.conf does not.

Code:
%make FLAVOR=nox11 all-depends-list
/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg
/usr/ports/lang/ocaml
/usr/ports/devel/gmake
/usr/ports/devel/gettext-runtime
/usr/ports/converters/libiconv
/usr/ports/print/indexinfo

Code:
% make all-depends-list
/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg
/usr/ports/lang/ocaml
/usr/ports/devel/gmake
/usr/ports/devel/gettext-runtime
/usr/ports/converters/libiconv
/usr/ports/print/indexinfo
/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/ocaml-lablgtk2
/usr/ports/devel/ocaml-findlib
/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/ocaml-labltk
/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/tk86
/usr/ports/x11/libX11
/usr/ports/devel/pkgconf
/usr/ports/devel/kyua
/usr/ports/devel/atf
/usr/ports/devel/lutok
/usr/ports/lang/lua52
/usr/ports/devel/libedit
/usr/ports/databases/sqlite3
/usr/ports/devel/readline
/usr/ports/x11/xtrans
/usr/ports/devel/xorg-macros
/usr/ports/x11/xorgproto

Last edited by a moderator:
so using make FLAVOUR=nox11 works, but using OPTIONS_UNSET += X11 in /etc/make.conf does not.
Because one is a FLAVOR the other is an OPTION. They are treated and configured differently and are not exchangeable.

I'm a bit confused. Previously, if you didn't want X11 installed (i.e. a headless server) you would set the noX11 option in make.conf. We now have flavours which are similar, but different and don't respect options. Is there a global way to define a flavour? If not, for ports that have an optional X11 GUI do I need to manually specify a flavour each time I compile it?

Previously, if you didn't want X11 installed (i.e. a headless server) you would set the noX11 option in make.conf.
Previously it was an OPTION. The port has since been changed to use FLAVOR instead.

If not, for ports that have an optional X11 GUI do I need to manually specify a flavour each time I compile it?
It depends, if the port uses the OPTION framework a OPTIONS_UNSET+=X11 is typically enough (the WITHOUT_* and WITH_* way still works but is deprecated). But this doesn't work for ports that have been converted/changed to use FLAVOR.

Back