Unable to retrieve RELENG_6.4 src

Hello,

Im trying to upgrade from 6.2 -> 6.4 using cvsupfile.

The problem is, and i have run this 4 times already, after the process finishes there is nothing in the /usr/src directory.

Why is that?

The first time i ran it, i saw it deleting and adding files because the previous build 6.2 src was there. But after it finished there were no files there.

My cvsupfile looks like this.

*default host=cvsup.freebsd.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress

src-all tag=RELENG_6.4
ports-all tag=.
#doc-all tag=.

# End

The command im running is

cvsup -L 2 /usr/local/etc/cvsupfile

I'd like to read the UPDATING file from the /src directory before i start.

Thanks

It appears you have some syntax wrong.

Try the following:

Code:
*default host=cvsup.freebsd.org
*default base=/var/db
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6_4
*default delete usr-rel-suffix
*default compress
src-all
ports-all tag=.

Take a look at the files under /usr/share/examples/cvsup for information. Also take a look at http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/cvsup.html.

Thank you but what syntax would that be? Are you talking about this line;

*default base=/var/db

I wish it to be /usr

Also, why would my syntax be wrong? I copied what was posted in another thread by somebody from Freebsd, exactly.

Also you specified

*default release=cvs tagg=RELENG_6_4

tagg ? with two g's?

Could sombody show me what the correct options are exactly?

Hi mike,

It was suppose to be tag and not tagg on my post (fixed it).

The syntax mistake was RELENG_6.4 instead of RELENG_6_4.

mikie46 said:
Thank you but what syntax would that be? Are you talking about this line;

*default base=/var/db

I wish it to be /usr

Also, why would my syntax be wrong? I copied what was posted in another thread by somebody from Freebsd, exactly.

Do notice that *default base=/var/db is the default. It is used by csup to place certain status files in what is called the “base” directory. These files help csup to work more efficiently, by keeping track of which updates you have already received.

tangram said:
Do notice that *default base=/var/db is the default. It is used by csup to place certain status files in what is called the “base” directory. These files help csup to work more efficiently, by keeping track of which updates you have already received.

I see but i already have it as /usr instead of /var/db from a previous build and that was when i installed 6.2. So are you saying i can change it to /var/db instead evern if it hasnt been like that until now?

Now im getting this

Parsing supfile "/usr/local/etc/cvsupfile"
Unknown host "cvsup.freebsd.og"

I cant win.

Well im still unsure about something.

When i first ran cvsupfile i still had my 6.2 source in place. When i tried upgrading to 6.4 src i had nothing left in the src directory due to the error in my cvsupfile.

My question is, now that i have the src for 6.4 is it safe to go ahead with updating?

The other thing is this. In UDATING it states that i should first upgrade 6.2 to the latest source branch before upgrading to 6.4. Currently i have;

6.2-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD

Which is probably not the latest source for that release.

thanks

Back