Unable to rebuild ports after upgrading Perl from 5.24 to 5.26.1

First I ran portmaster -o lang/perl5.26 lang/perl5.24 sucessfully.
And when trying to run portmaster -f `pkg shlib -qR libperl.so.5.26` i'm getting a stop error, telling me that perl5.26.1 is vulnerable?

Beats me :confused:

I came here from an error I'm having trying to compile a new perl5 module from ports.

Code:
root@server:/usr/ports/graphics/p5-Image-PBMlib # make
===>   p5-Image-PBMlib-2.00_1 depends on package: perl5>=5.26<5.27 - found
===>  Configuring for p5-Image-PBMlib-2.00_1
env: /usr/local/bin/perl5.26.2: No such file or directory
*** Error code 127

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/graphics/p5-Image-PBMlib

Okay, I currently have 5.26.1 installed, so I guess it's failing because 5.26.2 is the latest version... I use pkg for most things now, so I'll try to update, as gnath says...

Now perl5.26.2 is in pkg repository with fix.

But, no good. I'm on i386 and running pkg update + pkg upgrade gives nothing, and I'm still stuck on 5.26.1. So I don't know where the 5.26.2 pkg is, but it's not here (yet?).
EDIT: I was able to get it by doing pkg update --force which got me the latest digests etc. and then upgrading worked fine. My next question is probably a better fit for Ports forum, so I'll remove it.

I came here from an error I'm having trying to compile a new perl5 module from ports.
Don't mix ports with binary packages, if you do you'll only risk creating a huge mess on your system. I can't help be convinced that this is also what caused the problems you just shared.

Back