UEFI boot - kernel panic

I have kernel panic immediately after boot(UEFI mode). Similar behavior on 15 beta. No problem when CSM enabled.

Attachments

• 14.0 KP.png
    14.0 KP.png
    941.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 15beta.jpg
    15beta.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 52
Current 20240418 same behavior. This is ASUS WS C422pro/SE motherboard. Help please.

Attachments

• Current_20240418.jpg
    Current_20240418.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Did you install the latest BIOS / Firmware already? What devices are plugged in? Maybe try removing as many devices as possible and plug them back in one by one if you get sucess.

pming Good idea because i have installed four PCIe Cards in this machine, will try...
richardtoohey2 14.0 main OS for me, 15 - just as additional info to this issue(maybe can be useful).
Thank you.

Sorry my English, used google translate

Unfortunately, there is no progress. The same behavior on release 14.0 and current 15.0-20240425. Only the video card(Radeon Pro W5500) is inserted. I don't have another graphics card to test at the moment. BIOS latest v.4201, default settings + CSM disabled.
It is enough to leave CSM enabled and all hardware works without any problems.

P.S. Windows 11 and various Linux also no problems

On my system, the next hardware component that is initialized on boot, after "kbd1 at kbdmux0", is the EFI realtime clock. Which is where your system seems to fail.
Code:
kernel: kbd1 at kbdmux0
kernel: efirtc0: <EFI Realtime Clock>
kernel: efirtc0: registered as a time-of-day clock, resolution 1.000000s
[more output of boot process]
Can you adjust anything about the system clock in BIOS? Maybe reset the clock by removing the CMOS battery.

Battery removal on 15min then only adjust clock and set CSM disable give me no effect.

After that I tried enable/disable some BIOS settings that are enabled/disabled by default - no results.

:(

Back