Touchpad vertical scroll

I am using FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE-p9 on a Dell Inspiron laptop. When I use
Code:
hw.psm.synaptics_support="1"
in /boot/loader.conf, clicking left or right stops working, but two-finger scrolling works. When I remove above line from loader.conf and just use
Code:
moused_enable="YES"
in /etc/rc.conf, clicking left and right buttons work, but not scrolling. I use "mouse" driver and /dev/sysmouse in xorg.conf, although I have tried all other settings too.

I then installed FreeBSD-12.0-CURRENT-amd64-20170626-r320360 and the touchpad is working perfectly, using only the above two lines together, but the system sometimes crashes to the db> prompt.

I want to know if it is possible to use the FreeBSD-12 mouse drivers on FreeBSD-11. I have tried everything I could find on these forums to no avail and now I am very excited to see the drivers in 12 work.

Can someone point me to some literature, web-site, book, etc that I can go through and get my head around this matter.
Have you looked at x11-drivers/xf86-input-synaptics? Up until the base drivers started supporting Synaptic it was the only way to get it working correctly.

I want to know if it is possible to use the FreeBSD-12 mouse drivers on FreeBSD-11.
Long story short, no.

I want to know if it is possible to use the FreeBSD-12 mouse drivers on FreeBSD-11. I have tried everything I could find on these forums to no avail and now I am very excited to see the drivers in 12 work.
Have you tried with FreeBSD 11.1-RC1? It's likely that the fixes you need have been backported.

Have you tried with FreeBSD 11.1-RC1? It's likely that the fixes you need have been backported.

Thanks, this did the trick! I ran
freebsd-update -r 11.1-RC1 upgrade
and everything is working perfectly, using only the two above lines and no extra settings. Finally I'll have FreeBSD as my desktop OS.

Back