totem build can't find -ltotem-plparser

I'm running FreeBSD 7.2 and recently tried to update gnome2 with portmanager. The update failed because totem couldn't be updated. The totem build fails with the following error, which I can't seem to eliminate. Doing a deinstall/reinstall on totem-pl-parser doesn't help. I don't understand the gnome-libtool error message about relinking, but perhaps that's what I need to do. I'd be grateful for any help.

- Jon

Code:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ltotem-plparser
gnome-libtool: install: error: relink `libtotem-properties-page.la' with the above command before installing it
gmake[4]: *** [install-nautilusLTLIBRARIES] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/multimedia/totem/work/totem-2.26.2/src'
gmake[3]: *** [install-am] Error 2
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/multimedia/totem/work/totem-2.26.2/src'
gmake[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/multimedia/totem/work/totem-2.26.2/src'
gmake[1]: *** [install] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/multimedia/totem/work/totem-2.26.2/src'
gmake: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/totem.
*** Error code 1

*** Error code 1

a. Is your ports tree up to date? Totem is at 2.26.3

b. What's your version of libtool (and maybe libltdl)? If it's not at -22 (2.2.x) but rather at -15 (1.5.x), you need to update your ports tree and read (and follow) /usr/ports/UPDATING (entry 20090802)

Thanks - my ports tree was _not_ up to date. I updated it and updated libtool per /usr/ports/UPDATING (entry 200090802), and then spent most of the weekend doing the upgrade from python25 to python26, and updating gnome2, but it's finally done. I do have one lingering problem though. Somewhere in the midst of all this, portmanager started crashing on occasion with a seg fault. For example I just tried to run

portmanager net/wireshark -l

and it crashed right after collecting the installed port data. This is where is always crashes - if it's going to crash. Doing a deinstall/reinstall on portmanager doesn't fix this. I was able to cd into net/wireshark and do a deinstall/reinstall successfully, but I'm worried that there's something very wrong if portmanager is seg faulting.

Back