OpenBOX tint2 not autostarting on openbox despite me adding it to ~/.config/openbox/autostart.sh (on Raspberry Pi)

Hello,
I put FreeBSD on my Raspberry Pi 3 and successfully installed the Openbox WM, and now I'm trying to customize it by adding a panel. I installed tint2 because I read it's made specifically for Openbox, and it runs fine when I run it from a terminal in Openbox. I added tint2 & to ~/.config/openbox/autostart.sh and logged out. After logging back in, tint2 didn't start. I rebooted and logged in and it still didn't start. How do I have tint2 automatically start when Openbox does? Thanks.

On my system with 11-wm/openbox (v3.6_7) autostart isn't read neither when it's executed with the openbox binary. It's read only when it is executed with the openbox-session shell script.
Code:
$ pkg list openbox
/usr/local/bin/openbox
/usr/local/bin/openbox-session

I don't remember where I came across this method, but it has worked for me for awhile.

Code:
(sleep 3 && tint2) &

This starts tint2 after 3 seconds. I don't remember if it wasn't working before I did this, I've done it this way for years.

Ah thank you, I read something about needing an openbox session but I thought that it would only work if you installed a package with that name.

Back