Solved time and date setting

Hello,
I have a problem with the time and date setting, my FreeBSD 11.1 amd64 computer displays one more day and one hour late, so my email messages appear as spam.
I was in the settings set time and date but automatically it comes back with an extra day and an hour late, automatically = always the same problem.

What can I do?

Regards
philippe

Hei,

1. In which timezone do you live?
2. What's the time in your computer's BIOS? Is it set to the local time where you live, or to UTC?

I'm in the time zone of Paris (France) UTC +2, I'll see if my bios is on time, but it comes from my installation of FreeBSD that I set wrong

Well, if this machine is connected to the Internet you could consider setting up NTP. You only need to enable it in /etc/rc.conf and you should be good, the default settings should be sufficient for keeping the clock in check.

See also ntpd(8).

it was my bios that was not on time, because we have in France according to the seasons an hour more or less.

I do not understand why when I activate time zone internet my workstation does not pass at the moment ?

what to do to add a parameter to the /etc/rc.conf

but it comes from my installation of FreeBSD that I set wrong
Yes, that's why I asked that. Maybe you answered "NO" during the installation, to the question if your CMOS clock was set to UTC or local time.

Check if there exists an empty file /etc/wall_cmos_clock and remove it.
If that file exists, adjkerntz(8) executed via cron will revert your changes when you set the time manually.

CMOS clock should be set to UTC time, no matter where you live.
FreeBSD will then adjust your time and according to the timezone you specify and it will adjust to/from summertime as well.

I have CMOS set to 'local' time. During installation set "no" to UTC and set local TZ, date & time. After installation time shows at UTC. Now I have to again run tzsetup, then what would be the answer for first screen (UTC).
My /etc/localtime shows IST-5:30 instead of IST-0:0.

Back