Solved Thunderbird

Hi!

My wife use a Thunderbird, she change a password on gmail and when she try to get email password doesn't going through.
I reset her master password and it doesn't help.

Thank you.

Set the correct password on the account settings; "Options" -> "Account settings".

Set the correct password on the account settings; "Options" -> "Account settings".
Thank you but still doesn't work. Is it possible that is a problem because she use"@" in her password. If she use web mail it works.

Pretty sure Google uses application passwords but I don't use gmail so can't be sure. If this is the case, look in Google settings somewhere for "application passwords". These are randomly generated passwords that are not your normal Google password but are tracked by your account and for use with third party applications only. App Passwords

I solve the problem. For whateve reason Google turn off lees secure apps option. I turned on and she is happy again.
BTW I also don't know much aboot GOOGLE except that I am blocking him :).

Google make you perform a security review (or whatever they call it) on your Google account from time to time; they prompt you to answer questions / change security settings and if you do they say that you have done well :)
Anyway, the setting about turning off "less secure apps" is in that review. It is easy to think that it is a good thing to turn this off, since the review doesn't mention gmail.

Back